There are many points in our lives we often fathom what it is we want to do with ourselves once school is over and it’s time to look for something occupy your time until retirement comes around. A lot of people don’t want to deal with the stress of handling a class but for those who do teaching is something that one must consider if you have a passion for giving to another; knowledge is one of the most powerful gifts imaginable.
What is education?
Education is what we live and breathe each and every day. You started off as a kindergartner and you work your way up through the ranks showing off what you can do to every teacher you have until you reach 12th grade in which case after it is over your general schooling education comes to a close. It is at this point that you decide whether you want to continue that education or not in the form of colleges or maybe even the military. Either way, this will open up doors for you for your future careers and future educational pursuits. For those seeking employment within the field of education there is a lot you can do to show your skills to a group of students who are itching to learn.
It can be a mighty stressful job but teaching is one of the most important aspects of any culture, without a teacher no one would be able to learn anything unless they somehow taught themselves. To give an education is to simply and restrictively teach a child a teen or even an adult the fundamentals of information and ingenuity that you will need in order to get through this thing called life. As an educator you will know all the strings attached to giving out the best that information has to offer.
What degrees are available for education studies?
Bachelor’s Degree in education: For someone not in the teaching business strictly to teach they can be offered a smaller form of a degree such as a bachelor or associates that will teach you all the basics of handling a class room. Whether you choose to be a substitute teacher or anything else in between, this will show you all the common and complementary methods needed in order to implement forms of study to all children. But with this degree in mind you may be looking at more of a smaller educational backdrop working at an elementary school or as someone like a gym teacher in Junior High or even High school. Your position will not be as forthcoming as one with a master’s degree but for those who seek to learn the basics this is the degree you need to go for through this program.
What kind of financial aid/scholarships are available for those seeking a degree in economics?
This goes on a school by school basis, if you meet all the requirements, extra curricula’s, showing educational reserves and prowess, and going above and beyond all expectations you could be looking at a potential scholarship to help you achieve that ending clause within an allotted amount of time. The same can be said when you seek financial aid, you show them what you have on record and they will give you what you want, but again, this is based on a purely school by school basis.
What are some colleges or universities that offer online educational programs?
- Baker College, of Muskegon Michigan
- University of Kentucky
- Le Moyne-Owen College
What is the Average Salary of a person with a degree in education?
Salaries for can range from about $20,000 to $29,000 depending on the type of job you are looking for in the educational field of play. Some will offer double the amount or even triple depending where you land your job, be it at a big college or a larger more private school. For the smaller choices in teaching such as early childhood development jobs you will be paid somewhat less for your services but this also depends on the kind of degree you have be it a bachelor or masters or anything in between.
What are some common educational careers?
- Substitute- Instead of being the one who has to deal with this kids every day of the year why not try your hand at being a temporary? You are the one that comes in and replaces the usual teacher if she or he is sick or unavailable for whatever reason during that day’s instruction. If you are enlisted to replace a teacher for an entire educational semester you will paid as such.
- Childhood development Teacher- You are in control of a child’s future here, you will teach them all they need to know in the lower grades of school so they may implement what they learned at that point in their life onto more complex lines of study come the time they move over to middle and high school.
- Principal- When you’ve reached a certain pinnacle within the boundaries of a schooling program you will be offered the head position of that school, that position is the principal. You implement policy and enforce rules upon not only the students but the teachers as well, often times speaking to everyone directly or sitting in classrooms to observe the teaching habits of all the school’s teachers ensuring they are meeting specifications and sticking to the game plan.
There is plenty to do with a degree in education and whether you decide to get it online or offline is purely up to your stipulation. You will garner all the benefits you need and achieve all the prowess available to show you are in it for the long haul and there are plenty of jobs to go around when it comes down to teaching children what they must do to succeed in life, these days there is a shortage and you can potentially be that person who saves a child’s future.
- University of California Berkeley Extension
- University of Southern California
- Stanford University
- Antioch University Los Angeles
- Azusa Pacific University
- California Polytechnic State University
- California State University East Bay
- California State University Chico
- California State University San Bernardino
- University of California Riverside
- Humboldt State University
- Monterey Institute of International Studies
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- DePaul University
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Kaplan University
- National-Louis University
- American College of Education
- Argosy University
- Aurora University
- Chicago State University
- Dominican University
- Eastern Illinois University
- Kankakee Community College
- McKendree University
- Oakton Community College
- University of Illinois
- Rockford College
- Carl Sandburg College
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Trinity International University
- Triton College
- Niagara County Community College
- Westchester Community College
- Maria College
- New York University Steinhardt
- University of Rochester
- University at Albany
- Bard College
- Buffalo State College
- Empire State College
- Fordham University
- Genesee Community College
- Herkimer County Community College
- Ithaca College
- Lehman College
- Long Island University
- Monroe Community College
- The New School
- Pace University
- The Sage Colleges
- Jefferson Community College
- Columbia University
- Union Graduate College
- Binghamton University
- Rice University
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- St. Edward’s University
- Texas A&M University
- University of Texas at Austin
- San Antonio College
- Baylor University
- University of North Texas
- Texas State University San Marcos
- Lubbock Christian University
- Lone Star College System
- Midland College
- Panola College
- Tarrant County College District
- University of Houston
- University of Houston Victoria
- Dallas County Community College District